Thursday, August 5, 2010

Checkup time!

Playing dress up one day...wearing an old pair of Nana's shoes:)

My other little Southern belle Lucy!

Carolina Girls (the best in the world) taking their babies for a stroll...

Abby had her 5 year well check today. Everything was good. She weighed in at 45 pounds and was 44" (3'8'' if it hurts your head to do the math...I already hurt my head doing it so I'll spare you the pain) tall.


Dr. S. said she is growing well and proportionally...that's always nice to hear.


He did prescribe a nasal spray to help alleviate her snoring and loud breathing at night since it is waking her up at times. I told him she was doing the same things Max did when he was little before he had his adenoids and tonsils removed. Hopefully a nasal spray will do the trick for her.


He did ask about her "wheezing" and if she was still having trouble with it. I told him she hasn't had any bad coughing/wheezing episodes in a few months so that was good. The last time I took her in for it the Dr. had suggested she might have asthma. If she does then maybe it is a winter thing that triggers it. We'll definitely explore testing if she develops the cough again.


So Abby is good to go. Before we left I made Lucy's 3 year checkup appointment and Ruby's 9 month appointment. I made them for separate days so I can have Ruby there by herself while Lucy is at school. I couldn't handle it if they were both getting shots in the same appointment!

2 comments:

Kmama said...

Sounds like she's growing well!

Buster has nasal spray, which has helped tremendously at night. With the advent of summer though, we had to also add in zyrtec each night. Hopefully we can discontinue that as we get closer to fall.

The Thornton Family said...

My oldest used to snore bad, but he seems to have grown out of it.
My middle takes Claratin and Singulair daily for asthma/allergy control. I'm not convinced he has either since he's been perfectly well since he stopped daycare. I mean, not the first sniffle. We're going to follow-up with the ENT after he's been in MDO for a bit and hopefully stop all those meds. I hate druggin him up every night.