Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Making God Smile

I just had to post this so I would remember it.

Lucy L.O.V.E.S. to color, draw, paint, doodle, write...you name it.

She has been bringing home several "pieces of art" from school the past couple of weeks. Each time I have asked her what it is a picture of (after I tell her how beautiful it is of course) and she has told me, "It's God mommy".

A 3 year old's artistic interpretation of God is quite interesting :)

Anyway, I picked Lucy up from school today and she had a beautiful purple and blue fingerpainting in her folder. I asked her what it was a picture of and I got the standard, "It's God mommy". I said, "Wow Lucy, you really like drawing pictures of God don't you?"

Her response, I believe, made God smile...

"Yes I do mommy because He's a nice boy!"

I will point to Lucy's heart and ask her, "what's in here?" Instead of saying her heart she replies, "I have God and Jesus in my heart mommy". John and I are truly blessed :) She has also said that although she doesn't share her "Bobby" at night with God, she has a stuffed animal in her bed "for God and Jesus to share".

No comments: