Sunday, October 3, 2010

We're As Happy As Can Be That Lucy is 3!

In my attempts to catch up the blog, I am going to begin with a very important event last month. Our little Lucy Goosey turned 3 years old! Her birthday was the 16th and yes I am just posting this now.

Dear Lucy,

Happy 3rd birthday to my sweet and stubborn third child who happens to look just like me. You are full of life and I am so proud to be your mama. Although a lot of people may not know this (because you won't talk to them!) but you are quite the little conversationalist. We carry on some of the most interesting conversations and I can understand every word and you certainly throw some zingers in there :) Talking to you is like talking to a big kid most of the time. Some of the things you say that make me laugh...

"extra-case I need it" (Just in case)

" Mommy, I look stylish!"

"No mommy, I wanna do that for real life"

"Mommy, I'm serious!"

"Mommy, I'm so exciting about that!" (she means "excited")


You love to cock your head to the side and bat your long eyelashes or roll your eyes at me when you think I have done or said something silly. You make the silliest faces...especially when I am trying to take your picture :)


You love to sing and dance with your big sister and are quite loud and wild about it at times. I love it when we turn on the radio and a song that you like comes on...you start shaking your hips and your head and walk around just a be-bopping to the music. You LOVE listening to Reba songs on the radio.

Coloring is your favorite past-time right now, along with bugging your brother and older sister :) You have adapted to a lot of changes over the past year (some took longer than others to adapt to). You moved into a big girl bed and into a different room that you share with Abby. You have given up your "pappy" (pacifier) AND started potty training. As if that wasn't enough...mommy and daddy went and turned you into a BIG SISTER! You love your baby sister Ruby and you are very helpful and gentle (MOST of the time) with her. You also started your first year of preschool this year and LOVE it...even though you won't say anything in school and your teachers REALLY want to hear your voice :)

You still take naps on most days. You get up so early in the morning that you tend to be a bear in the afternoons if you don't get a morning nap. You nap in the morning otherwise you'd NEVER go to sleep at night! You still wake up screaming in the middle of the night and won't stop unless I pick you up and hold you for a minute or two. I wouldn't be sad if you grew out of that REALLY SOON!

This year you also went to your very first amusement park. When we went to Indiana in June we got to go to Holiday World. You had a blast! You rode on the big carousel, a mini "Puppy dog" roller coaster, a mini train, the flying birds, and the "Turkey Whirl"...which was the least favorite because you keep reminding me you didn't like it. You also liked playing in the water park. It was a fun day and since you still talk about it (and talk about what you want to do when we go back "next time") I gather you'll remember it for awhile!

Oh my goodness child...you are the "SNACKING QUEEN!!!!!" For your birthday party you decided you wanted to have your favorite snacks. You requested animal crackers, goldfish crackers, pretzels, chips, juice, and of course your Dora the Explorer birthday cake. Funny thing is, you didn't really eat any of it :)

You LOVE books and will "read" stories to yourself or your Bobby all the time. You can count to 20 without a problem (and beyond if I remind you that 15 does not come after 20). You can say your ABC's, you know your colors, and you can spell Lucy, Ruby, Abby, Daddy, John, Max, Mommy, Staci, Nana, and Papa. You have a love/hate relationship with cleaning up. Some times I can ask you to pick up a couple of toys and you end up picking up the whole downstairs...other times I have a fight on my hands to get you to put your shoes away...that's you though...

...Sweet as sugar one moment and a stubborn stinker the next.

Okay, enough for now. I love you my little monkey and I can't wait to see what new and exciting things you'll be doing this coming year.

Love you,

Mommy

Here are a few pics of Lucy from this year and her birthday party we had this weekend. She wanted her party at the "Big Toy" like Max and Abby have had in the past. She had about 3 of her "new" friends from her preschool class and family friends Henry and Mark. Nana and Grandma and Grandpa were also there. Lucy had a great time going down the big slide about a bajillion times!

Ruby and Lucy...A happy sister moment :)



Lucy at her party...she was embarrassed that people were singing Happy Birthday to her!

Anxiously awaiting CAKE TIME!


Dora birthday cake I made...that's a yellow candle in Dora's belly button area :)

"I surrender!"

The end of the day at Holiday World...SO glad we rented the wagon!


"Mommy, I'm just so 'exciting'"!


Playing dress up with Abby and her baby dolls.

When Lucy says "cheese" she really means it :)


First day of preschool...wouldn't look at the camera.


First day of preschool...what a goof!


Hey Lucy, can we get a little wine with all that cheese? :)

At the playground at Hilton Head...cutie patootie!


The only picture she'd let me take of her on her ACTUAL birthday.

She wouldn't let me take another one after her hair got brushed...sigh...

2 comments:

Kmama said...

She is sooo cute!! I'm glad she had a good birthday!

Keena said...

she is a cutie, but so is all your kids....