Saturday, October 30, 2010

She's the Coolest Cat in Town

I can't believe I forgot to tell you about Abby's Nursery Rhyme show at school! She made her official acting debut :) Her class had been preparing for awhile and learned several nursery rhymes...which have been repeated by her at home...like a broken record (ha! I told Abby she sounded like one after she had been singing Hey Diddle Diddle about 500 times and she asked me what a broken record was...yes, I felt old). All of her practice has resulted in Lucy learning the rhymes as well. Now when Abby is at school I can still hear them. All Nursery Rhymes...All the time :P

Anyway, the reason she was singing Hey Diddle Diddle so much is because she got to play the role of "The Cat". You know, the one with the fiddle? Please don't make me type out the rhyme because it'll get stuck in...

...too late. Now I'll be singing myself to sleep with it. Sigh.

The class did a great job and Abby actually sang and performed her part beautifully :) The kids had brought in flashlights and sunglasses earlier in the week. The parents were handed the flashlights before the show and were instructed on when to use them. On their third verse of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star the turned off the lights and we got to turn on the flashlights and shine them on the ceiling to make stars...so cute!
My favorite part though was their last song. The whole class came to the front of the "stage" (we were in their classroom) and put on their sunglasses. Then they had someone flashing the classroom lights while they rapped Baa Baa Black Sheep. Oh my goodness we were cracking up it was SO STINKING CUTE! I wish I had a real video camera instead of just my digital (I didn't have enough memory left to record it). Their teacher was sitting with the audience facing the class and directing them and she was getting into the dancing as much as the kids were :) It was great to see that.


Our Cool Cat Abby!


No comments: