Thursday, September 4, 2008

Sweethearts Reunited in Heaven

On October 16, 2000 my Grandma Marie (my dad's mom) passed away suddenly. She left behind not only children and grandchildren and great grandchildren...she left behind her sweetheart of 55 years, my Grandpa. My grandparents were VERY close and VERY much in love. My Grandpa seemed at a loss when my Grandma died. He talked about my Grandma all the time and the love in his eyes and voice when he spoke of her had not diminished over the past 8 years. He kept busy the last 8 years and continued to enjoy seeing his children and grand/great-grandchildren, however it was always evident how much he missed Grandma.


On Thursday, August 28th, these two sweethearts were reunited again in heaven. My Grandfather passed away in his sleep and I know that my Grandma was waiting for him to take him home so they could now be together forever. Although it doesn't make the pain of his passing any less, it gives me comfort knowing that he is now right where he has always wanted to be (probably since the day they met) next to her. I picture them sitting on a swing with Grandpa's arm around her.


Grandma and Grandpa...your love and devotion to each other and your strong values are an inspiration to all of us. You raised seven wonderful children who loved and respected you and in turn are passing on those values to their children and grand children. Although the family tree has lost one of its strongest branches, be at peace knowing that the seeds you planted will continue to grow strong. You will be missed but remembered always with love.

No comments: