Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Oscar Goes to...

...in the category of best performance by a male in a drama...

Max!

Oh my goodness...the drama around this house the past month has been high. For the past month we have had at least one of the kids at the doctor's office or emergency room each week. Only 1 visit was a "well" visit (Lucy's 1 year checkup). Sunday however, Max got to demonstrate his vocal ability in a dramatic performance at the park. He came running toward the play area which, unfortunately for Max is not covered with sand or mulch, and made a wrong step onto the ROCKS! He went down hard onto his knees and the screaming commenced. Please don't think me heartless...I wasn't too concerned at first because he screams like this if he stubs his toe. When I went over to pick him up...no easy feat considering he is 55 POUNDS...I noticed he had taken a good chunk out of his right knee...okay, I understood the screaming. A very nice mom came over with a bottle of water to clean up the sand/blood/rocks on his knees...I thought Max was going to kick her...he's not fond of anyone touching his booboos :0

Upon examining the knee closer two other moms and I decided I should head for the emergency room. Since I had Abby with me I called John to come and meet us there to take her home. (Oh yeah, I called John AFTER I carried Max to the car). We got there and we got to the examining room. He got it cleaned with peroxide...screaming the whole time...the doctor came in an checked it out and did the unspeakable...TOUCHED IT...Max screamed the whole time. When the doctor explained that they would have to irrigate it to get the rocks out of his knee I thought Max was going to lose it! Six swabs had to be used to get all the rocks out. I was sitting on the side of the bed facing Max trying to distract him...HAH! What was I thinking? At one point he tried to move his leg away from the doctor so he couldn't get to it...that's my boy :)

When all was said and one...a lollipop and posicle had been consumed and no stitches needed...YEAH!..we headed to Wal-Mart to pick up his antibiotic and made it home.

Oh yeah, Max also NEVER WANTS TO GO TO THAT PARK AGAIN :)

No comments: