Monday, October 6, 2008

Are We Done Yet?...Being sick that is...

"Croup" has now become a "bad" word in my house. If I never have that nasty bug floating around in my house again I will be so grateful (not that I'd rather have any other nasty bugs mind you). A week ago Thursday I had Abby at the doctor and she had it...this past Tuesday, Lucy woke up early in the morning with the "seal" bark cough and rough breathing...Saturday morning, yep, you guessed it, Max was barking. Fortunately, since Max had it twice in his first year I knew what to listen for in the breathing to determine if they needed to go to the Dr. Although they sounded bad at night (of course it wouldn't be bad when we were already awake) they never had the really bad breathing so we got to have a vacation from the doctor's office last week...WooHoo.

Oh wait, I did have to call them though because Max came home early from school on Thursday after he had thrown up at school...AGAIN! Okay, this is gross, he was throwing up bile so of course I called the dr. Apparently, the antibiotic the ER doc gave him was the same stuff he had taken a couple weeks before when he had impetigo. I made the connection that both times he had taken the stuff (Augmentin) he had thrown up. Needless to say his pediatrician has now put it in Max's records that he is not to have it ever again and why.

I felt bad that Max had to miss his football pictures and his game Saturday morning but I had to make that call. Also, we decided to take yesterday off from Sunday school to rest and recuperate a little more so we'd be ready for school today...YEAH! I keep reminding the kids to stay out of each other's faces and to definitely stay out of Lucy's face. Abby coughed on me the other day and I asked her who was going to take care of me if I got sick. My sweet babies actually fought over who would get to take care of mommy :) Let's hope I don't have to take them up on it :)

Funny little side note about Max's knee injury...I was grilling burgers Monday and had the big kids outside riding bikes or scooters. Within 5 minutes Max wiped out and broke open his knee again! Of course we had drama. To make a long story short...I had to sit on the boy to get a bandaid on his knee! UGH! We are healing nicely now and anticipating losing his first tooth...it's very wiggly...stay tuned!

No comments: