Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Playdate and other stuff...

Today was a fun day. My friend Jackie came over with her little girl and another friend's daughter that she was watching. We had a good time letting the girl's play (Lucy slept through most of it). Abby said she wants them to come back soon. Jackie and I were actually able to talk in person rather than on the phone. I told her she needs to come over more often because nothing motivates me more to scrub my kitchen floor on my hands and knees than company coming over :) It's not the ONLY time I scrub my floors but company rates an extra scrub :)

By the way, I LOVE THIS WEATHER!!!!!!! John and I opened our windows a week ago this past Saturday and turned off the a/c. We've had a cool breeze blowing through the house...it is so awesome. I can't wait to see the difference in the electric bill this month!

Max had his field trip yesterday. They went to the fire station. Anytime Max can get close to a fire truck is cause for excitement but this time was even better because he FINALLY got to ride on a school bus!!!!!! He has been asking me since school started when he can ride the bus but I am not ready for that (many reasons including being nervous about putting my 5 year old kindergartner on a bus with a bunch of 3rd-5th graders, bus drivers quitting all the time, being late, slamming on brakes to get kids to be quiet, etc.). Maybe I am being too overprotective but I don't care...anyway, he got to ride on the bus yesterday and when I asked him about it after school I got the impression it wasn't as great as he thought.

LUCY CUT ANOTHER TOOTH! Finally! I saw today the tiny point of another bottom tooth sticking out of her gums (sorry for that image Mal :) The top two front teeth are just under the surface as well. As cranky as she has been lately I'm wondering if she's going to get all her teeth in fell swoop!

Abby got her hair cut on Saturday. Cute bob that isn't quite short enough to keep her from putting her hair in her mouth...YUCK! But at least now she has to work to get it there. The hairdresser suggested maybe putting a little hairspray on it to see if she would stop.

I guess I'll stop rambling and go make dinner. Tonight we are having spinach salad with red and yellow peppers, roasted almonds, and tomatoes...YUM (not the tomatoes though)!

No comments: