Thursday, October 23, 2008

Doing Great!

We just got back from a conference with Max's teacher. He is doing great in Kindergarten. He knows his sight words for the first quarter and his writing has improved a lot in just a few weeks. John and I have known that he is learning a lot but it is nice to see evidence of it in his writing and and to hear it from his teacher. We are so proud :)

After the conference we stayed and went to lunch with Max and his class. I had to pack Abby a lunch in her lunch box so she could feel like a big girl. Max's teacher commented to me that he always seems to eat his lunch really fast...I told her he learned to eat fast early on so his dad couldn't eat his food :) Love you John !

Max's assessed writing sample for the 1st quarter!

in case you can't read the translation his teacher wrote...it says...

"I went to the restaurant with my Mom and Abby and Dad"

Not sure where Lucy was...I'll have to ask him later. He is doing great with writing the beginning and ending sounds of words that he doesn't know and is also spelling his sight words correctly...from memory! You Go Max! Have I said how proud we are? Oh yeah...his reading is right on track as well. Okay...enough gushing...until later.

No comments: