Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Counting My Blessings...

On days like today I try to remember to count my blessings as much as I can. Two of my little blessings (namely Abby and Lucy) were the cause of most of my counting. It was just a rough day. Lucy has been TRYING to get some teeth in and I am thinking/hoping/praying that they will break through soon because today was totally out of character for her. My poor baby who is normally a very happy little girl just didn't feel good today and was screaming and crying a lot. She had about 4 or 5 really...no...REALLY BAD DIAPERS which has now caused irritation in her diaper area. With some diaper cream and some Motrin for the pain I am hoping she can have a restful night (she certainly did not have restful naps :( )

Abby...my dear sweet little Abby. What can I say. Her day started about 6ish and she started crying and pitching a fit. Why you ask? The only thing I can figure is that it was because she was awake in her bed and no one was there to fetch her :) Once that drama was over we had a short break before the next one started...what was that one about?...She was mad about the clothes she was wearing...the ONES SHE PICKED OUT HERSELF! I told her she could change them herself and apparently it was the wrong thing to say...YIKES! Everything seemed to set her off so I don't know if maybe today was an off day for her too or what...sigh..... We did have good moments today and those were the rays of sunshine through the storm.

I have been trying very hard lately to give my worries and frustrations over to God. Being the worrier (is that right?) that I am it has been hard but I keep trying. When I have been successful with this I have felt such a wonderful peace and calmness and I know that God is letting me know I have done the right thing to give it over to Him. I want to spend more time enjoying the blessings God has given me and less and less time worrying over things that I can't control anyway...God is in control and I need to trust that...and Him.

No comments: