Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Stuff...

I got stuff all stuffed up in my head...specifically my sinuses...after all 3 kids have been sick I'm surprised it took me this long.

I felt bad earlier that I wasn't able to take the kids to the Fire Prevention Display at the fire station this year. We have gone the past few years and Max really looks forward to seeing all the fire trucks and helicopter and rescue boats on display. The weather was really if-fy and John had to work tonight so I didn't want to chance getting stuck in the rain with 3 kids and having to walk who knows how many blocks to get to the car. The only thing keeping me from a complete guilt trip is the fact that Max's class is going to the same fire station on Monday for a field trip...how lucky is that :) ?

Because I was feeling guilty I did let Max stay up an hour or so late and we worked on some of hi "optional" homework items (practicing writing letters, making patterns, flashcards for sight words, identifying and writing numbers to 31). HE DID AWESOME!!!!!! My baby is READING :) As a (former) first grade teacher I am so excited to see him learning these new words every week and being able to identify them in different contexts...as a mom I am SO PROUD and of course I get a little teary eyed when he's reading to me because...well, because HE'S READING!!!!! Abby also likes to sit with us and she wants to read Max's books after he's done. She echo reads with me and loves it. YEAH!!!!!

By the way, I have been thoroughly enjoying this "blogging" thing and I have found some blogs that I really enjoy visiting. I will slowly be adding links to my sidebar...feel free to check them out. Check out the one I added tonight...4 little men and girly twins...

Gotta go...

No comments: