Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Started the Day with a BANG!

Well, a fender bender is one way to start your day. On our way to take Abby to preschool this morning we were rear ended. It wasn't bad at all and the air bag didn't even deploy. I don't think my car was even damaged but I am taking it in this afternoon just to have it checked out (I'm mainly concerned about the spare tire which is mounted to the back of the car and absorbed most of the impact). Everyone is fine, no one was injured...thank you God! The other driver was an older gentleman who was very nice but I think he got shook up when he saw I had two little ones in my back seat. When I spoke with his insurance agent on the phone earlier she said she got the feeling that he was more upset about that than anything. She also said that although he didn't know at first what make and model car I had he told her it was tough and he was glad I was in it because it is safe...3 cheers for Honda! :)

Abby got to school a little late but she's fine. She was more upset when she found out a policeman was coming than she was about the accident itself...go figure.

Lucy fell asleep in the car on the way home but...unfortunately, did not continue her much needed nap once I put her in her crib...UGH!

Needless to say, getting home later than expected, dealing with two insurance companies, calling the repair shop to set up and appointment, a 1 year old screaming to get out of bed...does not help get the to-do list any smaller. Gotta go get Abby now...



No comments: