Saturday, October 25, 2008

Rain, Rain...Finally went away

It rained and rained then poured then rained some more. I think the clouds got tired of moving and took a short vacation on top of us! I looked out the front door last night and it looked like we could do some white water rafting down our street. I got to sleep a little after 10 last night and it was still pouring. John stopped and picked up dinner on his way home last night and the road he was on to come home was flooding over from the marsh on either side of it. He said the police were there getting ready to close the road. He made it home safely thank goodness.

I looked out the back door around lunch time and one corner of our backyard lloked like a swimming pool. We knew that wasn't good since we back up to the marsh. Yep, the buffer area behind our fence was FLOODED! I was surprised we didn't have a gator swimming up to the back fence. I hope the cool air stays around so the swarms of mosquitos don't attack!

John and I are going out tonight so I'll post more tomorrow about our big night :)

No comments: