Friday, October 24, 2008

Rainy Day...Lazy Day...Friday

It's one of those days that is perfect for snuggling under the covers with a good book and a cup of your favorite warm beverage. Falling asleep to the sound of the rain, cozy warm in your favorite old sweatshirt (mine happens to say Clemson across the front) and your comfy "lounging pants" (mine also say Clemson down the leg...GO TIGERS!).

Anywho...we are having one of those days today. The kids are off school for a teacher workday and it has been raining and cool since about the time we got up this morning. Of course, the only one in this house that has been able to take a nap on this perfect day for naps is Lucy...go figure :) We HAD to go out today though...as much as I dreaded the effort in the rain...because poor little Lucy was completely out of diapers and was having to make do with a leftover swimmy. We were going to meet my mom for lunch so I figured I'd run across the street to CVS for diapers while she was with the kids in the restaurant. They didn't have Luvs and the smallest pack of Huggies or Pampers was $13! I could get two packs of Luvs for that! So...I waited...bad idea. I got back to mom and the kids and a few minutes later I realized Lucy had leaked through the swimmy...how did I find this out you ask?...I was holding her on my lap :0

Her pants were soaked, MY pant leg was soaked, my sweater sleeve was soaked...ewwwww. We left the restaurant and got to Wal-Mart for our beloved Luvs...and milk...and laundry detergent...and floor cleaner...well, you get the picture...I can't go into Wal-Mart to get just one thing when I know we need other stuff too :) We finally got home and I stripped Lucy down and changed her and put her down for...ahhhh...a nap! I got changed (into above mentioned Clemson attire) and threw the "wet" stuff into the wash. I let Max and Abby watch a movie and have some popcorn and I have enjoyed the peace and quiet and sounds of rain. Aren't rainy/lazy days nice :)

The movie is over and Max and Abby are now sitting at the dining room table/art center being "creative". Abby is practicing her cutting with her kiddie scissors and sending little bits of paper wafting to the floor...again. Max is busy continuing to make his fleet of buses. He is no longer content to draw them on paper and hang them on the wall...now he wants to cut them out and "sort them". Maybe they inherited Mimi's artistic gene...

No comments: