Thursday, October 23, 2008

Football and Voting...

Calling all college scouts...

Max made two touchdowns in his (flag) football game tonight! I think he is ready for his FULL scholarship. Clemson gets first dibs :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Max also got to vote at his school today for various local issues and for the President (of the U.S.). He informed me yesterday that he was going to vote for John McCain. This is how our conversation went...

Max: We are voting for the President tomorrow mom.

Me: Really? Who are you going to vote for?

Max: John McCain

Me: Why John McCain? (not that I care but I was curious)

Max: Because I like him?

Me: Okay. What do you like about him?

Max: (thought for a minute)...I don't want to talk about it mom.

Okey...Dokey...conversation dropped.

Today he informed me he voted for John McCain. Still didn't want to say why. I figured it out...Max's teacher said they had talked about each of the candidates...it dawned on me that Max may have learned that John McCain used to be a fighter pilot...my son would hand over his vote on a silver platter to a fighter pilot at this point in his life :) I asked Max if he knew this about McCain and he said yes...grinning...I asked him if that is why he wanted to vote for McCain...grinning widely...YES!

Do I know my kid or what???????

By the way...Max goes to a primary school that is K-2nd and they held the mock election to give the kids a sense of what an election is all about. They even got to use a real voting machine (no hanging chads!). Political views were not being discussed at school. It was all for fun. Max was very serious about it however and when I happened to mention to him yesterday that grownups are voting in a couple of weeks for the President he firmly informed me that HE was voting tomorrow.

Oh yeah, McCain won by a landslide. I can't remember the specific numbers but it was McCain/Palin 600+ votes to Obama/Biden 300+ votes. Max wants to know when McCain gets to move into the White House :)

No comments: