Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Baby Bailey

I do have some ultrasound pics to post but I have to install the software for my scanner onto the new computer first. Anyway, the ultrasound yesterday went great! The little stinker wouldn't sit still long enough for the technician to get the measurements she needed so she had to do some other measurements then got back to the baby hoping it would be worn out enough to stay still by then. HA! She doesn't know my kids :) The little nugget looked to be pushing off with it's feet and jumping up and down in there...that's okay kiddo, do what you can while you've got the room! He (no we couldn't determine the sex this early but it is my STRONG gut instinct that it is a boy) also played with his hands, had his legs crossed "criss cross applesauce" (teacher speak), and looked to be either sucking his thumb or picking his nose at one point (hopefully the former and not the latter :)

The measurements on the baby were all normal and they pricked my finger for the bloodwork and we should get the results back in about a week.

The only thing she did tell me was that she detected a "slight subchorionic hemmorhage". She asked me if I had experienced any bleeding and I said no. She didn't think it was anything to worry about (she doesn't know me very well either!) and she said she only brought it up to me in case my doctor mentioned it. Hmmmm....

Okay, gotta run to the store to get stuff for dinner then back home to load our vacation pics on the computer so I can get some pics of Max's first t-ball game tonight...and John's debut game as an official assistant coach...not just a dad helper :)!

4 comments:

Abbie Burnham said...

Wow, Staci, I didn't know until now! Congrats!!!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Congrats! The ultrasound can be stressful (you know, if you are a worrier, like me!) so I am SO GLAD everything went fantastic!

Lynn said...

You're back! Shea told me a while ago and I have been chomping at the bit to congratulate you! So happy for you guys and your (soon to be bigger) bunch! Re: subchorionic hem... DO NOT GOOGLE IT!!! The info you will find is very scary and you don't need the added stress. I had this with each of my 3 babies and each time it was either reabsorbed into the tissue or it broke down and caused some bleeding. No biggie at all... take care of yourself and get some rest? Maybe? Much easier said than done with your other 3 running around I am sure. :)

Whitney said...

Yeah for baby #4!!!! Congrats to you guys and God bless your precious family!