Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Hodge Podge...

It's been busy around here and so I haven't really had much time to post. I have some catching up to do so this post will be a hodge podge of "stuff".

This past Saturday I spent the day at a Fundraiser Community Yard Sale. I am on the 20th Reunion Committee for my high school class. In an effort to save on the cost to our classmates for the reunion, we are holding fundraisers to help with some of the cost of the hall, caterers, etc. We held a yard sale and I was able to get rid of quite a bit of stuff (almost said junk but not quite).

Father's Day was a hot sunny day. It started out with me making a huge breakfast for John and allowing him to sleep in...yeah, I know, I'm such a good wife :) I went all out for John with breakfast and make him a sausage and cheese omelet, bacon, sausage (yes, MORE!), toast, and fruit. He also had coffee and juice. Although John is as skinny as a rail, he can also eat the rail :) The man can put away some food!

After breakfast we loaded up the car and headed to the beach. It wasn't as crowded as we expected it to be. Lucy did not care for walking on the sand too much. Max and Abby had a blast!

We got home and bathed the kiddos and made them some lunch. Once Lucy went down and I got cleaned up I took Max and Abby out to get the supplies for the special dinner I was making. What did I make? So glad you asked :)

I made hushpuppies, shrimp and grits, and a Key Lime pie for dessert. Yep, made it all myself. John was nice enough to help me peel and devein the shrimp (mainly because it was getting late and he wanted to eat before midnight :)

John has had leftover shrimp and grits for lunch the past two days and has called me from work both times to tell me how awesome it tasted! I guess I'll be making it more often :)

Max and Abby started Vacation Bible school yesterday. After I picked them up we made a spontaneous stop at Boone Hall Plantation and picked our own blackberries and blueberries. They are so yummy!

So there you have it. My hodge podge of stuff. Aren't you glad you read it all the way to the end? I still haven't heard back from the doctor yet on the first trimester screening test results. I'm going with the opinion that no news is good news.

No comments: