Monday, June 15, 2009

Not Me Monday...It's been awhile...

Not Me! Monday is a form of free therapy started by MckMama over at My Charming Kids. It's a way for us to admit our imperfections or "DUH" moments without REALLY admitting we did anything (I DID NOT do...). Take a gander at what I DID NOT do then head on over to MckMama's and read waht she and others DID NOT do either.

Lately....

~ I DID NOT get an oil change a few weeks ago then have the car start puffing smoke out from under the hood that afternoon. I DID NOT have to take it back to the shop the next day to have the radiator, thermostat, and cooling system replaced...UGH

~ That same afternoon, I was not trying to help Abby get the computer set up to play on when the computer DID NOT DIE on me! John DID NOT take it to the Geek Squad the next day opnly to find out the Mother Board (sounds like an alien space ship doesn't it?) what kaput...UGH! We DID NOT have to buy a new computer!

~ A couple of days before going out of town last week, I DID NOT accidentally drop my cell phone in the toilet! If I HAD it certainly DID NOT decide to quit on me either (I'm so NOT wondering if there is something wrong with me that mechanical/electrical things keep breaking on me). I DID NOT have to order a new phone and then wait until we got back from vacation to get it because it was delivered while we were gone.

~ I DID NOT spend all but 2 nights of our vacation sitting up with Lucy when she decided to wake up every night at about 1:30 and stay awake for about 4 hours! (John would get up too but she kept asking for Mommy so what was I supposed to do?)

Okay, for the BIG ONE!!!! Are you ready? It's a doozy people...

~ I did not find out 8 weeks ago today that I am PREGNANT!!!!! Nope, not me, I was not sure that my wacky period was due to my thyroid being out of whack again. Upon having my blood drawn and speaking to the lady about it, she DID NOT suggest I take a pregnancy test. It WAS NOT a positive and I DID NOT proceed to hyperventilate because this was a completely unplanned event (unplanned by John and I, God had it planned all along).

~ So, being of "Advanced Maternal Age" (yep, collecting retirement and SS at the ripe "old" age of 37) I am NOT going today for a "First Trimester Screening" ultrasound. I DID NOT turn 13 weeks yesterday and was not excited to begin my second trimester! John and I are NOT excited yet nervous about adding #4 to the crew. I DO NOT already think this baby is a boy.

Alright...that should be enough for now... head on over to MckMama's and read more from other people...who knows???maybe someone else is having an unplanned, pleasant surprise :)

P.S. I WILL NOT let you know how the ultrasound goes toady.

2 comments:

The Thornton Family said...

Oh, wow! Congrats!

Stacey

King J's Queen said...

I'm visiting for the first time today. Congratulations on your growing family!