Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sneakin' in Some Broccoli...

Max has always been a good eater and John and I have never worried about letting him have some candy or chips (in moderation of course) because he will turn around 5 minutes later and have an apple or carrots or something else healthy. We laugh though because he has told us in the past that he only doesn't like to eat broccoli and celery. We don't complain and don't try to force the issue. However, I was watching Food Network the other day and watched Paula Deen make this delicious looking Broccoli Cole Slaw that some of her viewers sent her. Now let me tell you...Max and Abby can eat some slaw now... they can make a meal of it. So I thought...hmmmm...would they eat this? I bought the ingredients and made it for dinner and they inhaled the stuff. After Max's fourth helping, John and I let Max know that he was eating broccoli! He couldn't believe it. He paused for a second then kept right on eating. Woo Hoo! Max ate broccoli...even a bigger Woo Hoo...ABBY ATE SOMETHING GREEN AND LOVED IT! I modified the recipe slightly for Weight Watcher purposes and instead of sauteeing the ramen noodles and almonds in the butter I just put them under the broiler to get them slightly browned. For those of you interested in Weight Watchers I figured out that this recipe is about 5 points for 1 cup serving. Enjoy!

No comments: