Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Learning Something New...

I am so excited for Abby. Her preschool has started a pilot program of a Spanish Immersion Class. It is for the 3 year old right now. It is 1 day a week for 5 weeks. She had her first class today. I could tell she was really nervous even though we've been talking about it for weeks now and she knew her best friend would be in her class too. She wrapped herself around my leg when we got there and didn't want to let go. I knew once I left she'd be fine so I peeled her off me and headed out the door. I did hang out in the hall for a few minutes until another mom came out and told me Abby was doing fine. I think she was nervous because she wasn't familiar with the teachers (two moms who speak fluent spanish are teaching it) and because they were speaking to her in spanish and she had no clue what to do with that :) I did say "immersion" didn't I ?

When I went to pick her up she didn't have much to say...not even adios to her teachers and friends. Oh well, she'll probably talk on the last day.

No comments: