Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Birthday party and surprise visitors...

This Saturday we are having Max's birthday party. I've got so much to do to get ready and cleaning my house is one of those things on the list. It would be so much easier of course if I could clean a room and expect it to stay that way...HA! Oh well...

My mom called the other day and told me that my cousin who is in the Air Force and is being deployed to Iraq on Friday is flying out of Charleston! We will get to spend some time with him before he leaves! Also, my aunt and uncle (his parents) and my Granny are driving down here to be able to spend time with him before he goes. He just found out about 2 or 3 weeks ago that he was going to Iraq and barely had time to get his stuff together before he had to leave his wife and kids for training. So needless to say, his mom and dad want an opportunity to see him before he leaves. I believe he is supposed to be gone for a year. He understands that it is his duty to go and is prepared to serve his country in this capacity just as so many others have already done and continue to do. I am so proud of him and will be praying for him daily. I'm also thankful that of all the places he could have shipped out of, that it was here, so we could see him as well.

Please say a prayer for my cousin Mark, as well as all the other brave men and women who have chosen this life, to serve their country and protect our freedom. Also, pray for their families who are enduring long separations from their son/daughter, husband/wife, brother/sister, mom/dad.

No comments: