Monday, May 4, 2009

Not Me! Monday is BACK!!!

Yep, MckMama is back on the Not Me! Monday bandwagon now that she her super sweet Stellan is home and things are getting back to normal, well, her new normal anyway!

There is no way that I can remember all the stuff I DID NOT do in the past 7 weeks so I'll have to post some of the highlights! After you read my Not Me's, remember to click on the button above to head on over to MckMama's blog and read hers and many, many more from others. You are sure to bust a gut laughing, or at least be able to empathize with some :)

Over the past 7 weeks...

~ I HAVE NOT been getting up during the night anywhere from 3-10 times with Lucy when she wakes up crying like she's being scared out of her mind by something and screaming, "I want my mommy!" I certainly don't go into her room everytime and pick her up because that would just be spoiling her and my kids aren't spoiled like that! No sirree Bob! If I DID go in and hold her just for a minute or two to calm her down, she certainly wouldn't lay her sweet head on my shoulder and instantly fall back to sleep. I certainly do not think she playing me!

~ I DID NOT meet with a group of high school classmates to start the ball rolling on our...cough, choke, gasp...20 YEAR REUNION next year! That would mean that the big 4-0 is sneaking up on me and there is no way that can be happening already!

~ I DID NOT advertise my Precious Moments Collection on Craigslist, I DID NOT have a potential buyer email me and say they wanted to come and take a look at them. I DID NOT spend a few hours sorting them only to have the $%!*#$% person NOT show up, call, or email.

~ I DID NOT, after I don't know how long, finally go out yesterday and buy me some NEW CLOTHES!!!!! I was NOT excited about that :)

~ My first born, my sweet baby boy, is NOT turning 6 years old tomorrow! I am NOT sending in chips and salsa (mild of course) to his kindergarten class for their class snack on his Cinco de Mayo birthday. I'm also NOT going to take him Taco Bell for his lunch :) He has NOT already told me to bring him 3 Taco Supremes and an order of nachos...I know, I know...he eats like a bird doesn't he?

~ We DID NOT celebrate Max's birthday party on Saturday at a beautiful park/playground near a lake. It was NOT so windy there that attempting to tape a tablecloth to the picnic table was akin to slapstick comedy (it was me vs. the wind)...I lost :( The cheap plastic tablecloth was NOT in shreds by the time I finally gave up and pitched it. I did not (for real) get pictures because my camera IS NOT BROKEN!!!!!! read below...

~ I DID NOT get so upset with Casio America last week about my camera! I DID NOT refuse to let them repair it or keep it because then they could repair it and sell it as a refurbished camera and make a profit. Nope, I am also NOT writing a strongly worded letter to someone in upper management expressing my displeasure at their poor lack of customer service and satisfaction in my case. I will NOT be buying my a new camera for Mother's Day (well, I will but I promise for real it will NOT be a Casio product!)

~ Finally, I DID NOT miss the deadline to sign Max up for summer t-ball by 1 day. I DID NOT breathe a sigh of relief when I was able to register him online anyway. I DID NOT kick myself when I realized that being a day late meant paying an extra $13! That'll teach me...or maybe it won't!

Okay, that's enough. You probably already think I am a mess and now I've added more fuel to the fire :) Have a great week and remember to check out some more Not Me's over at MckMama's!



1 comment:

Elisabeth Black said...

I love this!!!!! I'm going to have some Not Me days too! I was rolling!

Slight (ever so slight) PSA/Infomercial....

I have a Sony DSLR Alpha 100 (they are up to 700 now) and when my then 12 year old son did NOT put the memory card in wrong and did NOT bend the pins I did contact Sony and they repaired it at no cost to me! And paid shipping both ways.

For this free service I did NOT get a note in the return box explaining how NOT to put in a memory card.....