Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I'm Channeling Betty Crocker...

I think my body was taken over today by Betty Crocker. I have absolutely no clue what got into me but I was a cooking/baking machine today! John is leaving for his annual golf weekend with some "old friends" (meaning he's known them forever...not that they are "old" in years)...anyway...I wanted to make a big dinner for tonight and then I also wanted to make him a casserole and some goodies to take along for them to eat. This is what I did...

This morning I put the London Broil in the marinade and stuck it in the fridge.

I got home from picking up the kids and made Rice Krispie treats (for John to take), made a big yummy salad for dinner tonight, made the enchilada casserole for John to take, put the London Broil on the grill, shucked some corn and cooked it, heated up the rolls (nope...didn't make them from scratch), fed family, bathed children, put them to bed, and made 5 dozen chocolate chip cookies from scratch (for John to take and some to keep here)...DONE!

I was looking forward to checking my blog to see if anyone had responded to my request for advice on a camera and what do you know?...I had been editing it (after I had posted it once) and must have gotten distracted this morning because I forgot to hit publish again and it just stayed in draft!!!!! UGH!

Okay, I'm off to bed. Max goes for his 6 year checkup at the doctor tomorrow. Geesh...I still have a hard time believing he's 6!

No comments: