Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Birthday Message to Max...

Dear Max,
HAPPY 6th BIRTHDAY!!!

I can't believe you are 6 years old today. You now get to use 2 hands when showing people how old you are :) You have grown up so much and I can't believe you aren't my baby anymore. I was looking at you the other night and there really isn't anything in your face anymore that says "baby". I know that is supposed to happen, but how did it happen so fast? Just yesterday you were toddling around the house and now you are running at full speed.

At 6 years old you are almost 50 inches tall (that's about 4 ft 2 in), you weigh a whopping 62 pounds! You don't llok like you have an ounce of fat on your body though. You look JUST LIKE YOUR DADDY!!!!! You act like him too because you will eat just about anything I put in front of you...and LOTS of it :) Daddy and I have always been amazed at what a good eater you are. You like salad and fruit and veggies (preferably raw) and seafood and steak and chicken. You will eat a granola bar for a snack just as easily as you would chips.

You are enjoying playing sports. Right now it is soccer then a couple of weeks off and t-ball starts up again. You have lots of energy and mommy and daddy try hard to keep you busy to help burn it off :) Youlove kindergarten and your teachers. You are doing great with your reading but your passion is for math and writing. You have already learned how to count mixed coins and practice constantly with the money in your piggy bank!

You love fire trucks (still) and fighter jets and Nascar. I'm pretty sure that Jeff Gordon is still your favorite although you know quite a few of them. You've gone on your first ambulance ride (and hopefully your last unless you are driving it!). As soon as school lets out you will be going on your second plane trip to Colorado. You also learned how to ride your bike without training wheels this year!

Max, you are a friend to everyone and you are a great big brother and son. We are so proud of you and can't wait to see what this next year brings. First grade...aaaaack!

I love you so much and I could type more but I have to go get Lucy up so we can go to Taco Bell and get your birthday lunch to take to school. You ordered 2 hard taco supremes and an order of nachos. I said you like to eat a LOT didn't I? ;)

Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

Elisabeth Black said...

Awww, how bittersweet. They all grow up don't they?

All I can say, is 10 is really hard. Something about the double digits when my first got there I cried. :'(

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

what a sweet note. It is so hard when they turn 6, isn't it? Almost harder than 5, because they seem so GROWN UP. Sigh.