Friday, May 15, 2009

When the Cat is Away the Mouse Will...

...paint the bathroom?!?!?!? Yep, got a wild hair and stopped at Lowe's on the way home from taking the kids out to dinner. I bathed the kids and got them in bed then put on my comfy paint stained clothes and got to work. John interrupted me when he called to ask me to send an email and I got distracted with blogging. I only have 1 wall and the "toilet room" left so I better get back to it.

Oh yeah, of course John was "mad" at me (not really) for doing it because he was going to but what else was I going to do with my spurt of energy??? Fold laundry? I think not...that's getting old! I needed a new challenge :) I've always been the type to go ahead and do something if I knew it needed to be done...so I'm doing it. Yes, I know, the laundry needs to be done too. I wanted to do something tonight that would actually be FINISHED at some point...the laundry?...well, it will never be finished so as Scarlett O'Hara would say, "I'll just think about that tomorrow!"

(insert Gone With the Wind music here...)

UPDATED: I FINISHED painting the whole bathroom at about 1:45am. Got everything cleaned up...including myself...and climbed into my nice cozy bed at 2:03am. Why did I stay up so late to finish it instead of waiting until today you ask? I really just didn't want to have to rinse all the stuff out only to have to get it all messy again today...yep, pure laziness on my part!

Max was the first to wake up at...yep, you guessed it 2:05am, to say he couldn't sleep! I took him to the bathroom and then back to his room where he promptly fell BACK to sleep :) Abby then started fussing in her sleep at 2:38am. I had actually fallen asleep before this so I was quite disoriented. She fussed off and on until about 3:15ish. We are all up at 7:00 (Max and Abby had already been downstairs for a little while) to get ready to go to Max's school for the Turtle Trot! Normally, walking 1 mile would take me a little less than 10 minutes (I am a fast walker), this morning however I will be pushing Lucy in a stroller and having Abby walk beside me (Max is determined to run), and running (well, walking) on fumes. I may make this mile loop in about 45 minutes if I'm lucky :)

1 comment:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

You are so like me. I get wild hairs like that all the time. Corey has gotten *a bit* used to them after all these years!