Monday, May 18, 2009

Not Me! Monday

Hey ya'll! It's Not Me! Monday and you know what that means...it's time for some free therapy. Go ahead, spit it out, admit your imperfections this past week. MckMama has posted hers and by the time I get mine posted there will probably be a couple hundred others over there aas well. See, you're not alone, we're all in the same "oops, I guess I won't win the Mother of the Year award this year boat". After you read about the things I DID NOT do this week, hop on over to MckMama's and check out some more. Who knows, it might inspire you to come clean yourself :)

This Week...

~ I DID NOT go all Betty Crocker on Wednesday and make a big dinner plus a casserole and various snacks for John to take on his golf weekend. I mean really, the kitchen was a wreck, I still haven't finished Max's thank you cards from his party, and the laundry...well, the laundry is always there.

~ I DID NOT stay up until 2 am Saturday morning painting my bathroom. I knew I had to get up early Saturday morning for the Turtle Trot at Max's school so I would not allow myself to get too tired since I had to take all 3 kids myself.

~ I DID NOT wish that the rain that started out on Saturday morning would continue so we wouldn't have to go to the race. I was not bummed when it stopped "just in the nick of time". I mean really, Max REALLY wanted to go and was excited about it and it was about health and fitness...why would I NOT want to go?... maybe because...

~ I DID NOT really believe deep down that Abby would not actually walk the whole mile like she swore she would. About 1/10th of the mile into the walk, she DID NOT start crying saying she was itchy. I DID NOT tell her to keep walking and she'd feel better. A few minutes later she DID NOT start saying her feet hurt. I DID NOT look at her feet to see a nasty blister on the side of her foot. I DID NOT feel horrible that I had made her keep walking. I DID NOT let her ride in the stroller and I DID NOT therefore have to carry Lucy about 3/4 of a mile.

~ I DID NOT put Lucy down for a nap when we got home and then let Max and Abby watch a video while I took a 30 minute nap on the couch!

~ I DID NOT enjoy a Girls Night Out Saturday night while my dad watched the kids. I DID NOT eat too much at the japanese restaurant we went to and then still have a caramel macchiato and almond biscotti at Starbucks afterwards!

~ I DID NOT realize at 8:30 this morning, as the girls and I were getting ready to walk out the door to take Abby to school that I had completely forgotten to make Abby's lunch for today! I was focused on Max's last night because he's going on a field trip today and I had to make it field trip friendly :) It just didn't dawn on me that Abby would need one today too! UGH!!!

~ I DID NOT have to put my kids in long sleeves, pants, and jackets today because it is not freakishly cold (48 degrees) and rainy in the middle of May. Where was all this rain Saturday morning when I wanted it?

All right, that's enough. Hey, I never claimed to be perfect! As a matter of fact, I should be balancing my checkbook right now instead of soing this. I am so NOT a procrastinator :) Click on the button above and head on over to MckMama's to read some more great Not Me's!

1 comment:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

You went all Betty Crocker on us!?!? Why? Don't let this happen again, okay? Scary.
I took a nap this weekend too. Except Asher didn't rest. He killed the house, lil stinker!