Thursday, April 16, 2009

My oh my...How these 19 months did fly!

Has it really been 19 months since Luce the Goose came into our lives? Wow! Before I know it I'll be planning her 2nd birthday party. She has turned into such a little person now. When did that happen? I swear when I put her to bed last night she was still my baby and all of a sudden she has this big girl attitude about her (uh oh) and the baby in her is fading away too fast.


Lucy,
You are SO much fun! You love to laugh and screech at the top of your lungs to get a reaction. You talk ALL THE TIME :) You are actually speaking in sentences now and it thrills me to be able to have a conversation with you :) I am pretty sure you pick up on words a lot faster than Max and Abby did...of course, they are talking non-stop as well so I'm sure you've picked up quite a bit from them :) You say Abby's name perfectly but you call Max "Mac". Your favorite color right now is purple. When I ask you where Daddy is you say " Daddy at wuk (work)" and Max and Abby are usually "at cool (school)". Since spending a lot of time with your cousins last week you have been asking for Jack and Molly and Macy this week. You still refuse to say Sophie's name, you call her "2 Macy"...I think you may be confused since they are twins and you just think there are two Macy's...you probably keep wondering who Sophie is and why do I keep tryig to get you to say her name :)
You amaze me everyday with the things you do and the things you learn. You love to dance, especially in your carseat. You absolutely LOVE books! That makes your mama's teacher's heart swell with pride :) One of your favorite right now to look at is a Golden Book called "Dr. Dan the Bandage Man". Everytime we get in the car you start saying "Doca Dan, Doca Dan".
You love to make faces, throw toys all over the house, play with Max and Abby, and play outside. You understand so much of what we say to you and you respond appropriately. You also have a great memory for someone your age...your brother and sister do too so I guess it runs in the family. You like to play on your play phone and right now your favorite people to call are Nana and Papa. As soon as you put the phone to your ear I hear you say, "Hiiiii nana/papa!"
You are a picky eater but you LOVE your "nacks" (snacks). You have also learned from your sister that when mommy says no you pitch a fit and lay down on the floor crying. Hopefully you will also learn soon that it won't get you anywhere...unfortunately, Abby hasn't learned that yet :)
Right now you are wearing clothes in the 18 - 24 month range and a size 4 shoe. You still wake up crying in the middle of the night at least once on most nights (that's par for the course around here though...mommy and daddy were blessed with 3 beautiful, loving, healthy children, just not good sleepers :) Many times you'll go back to sleep on your own but sometimes mommy has to come in, snuggle you for a minute then put you back down and you go back to sleep.
You are still taking a pappy and although your dr. said to take it away from you now, cold turkey, I'm okay with it for now. That's something we'll deal with after you turn 2. Hey, Dr. S. doesn't have to live with the screaming, crying, and carrying on when you don't have it :) The one thing though that we will never be able to get away from you (not that we'd ever think about it) is your Bobby! Your yellow and green giraffe Bobby was a gift to you from Abby when you were born...I think she wanted you to have one so you wouldn't try to take hers :) Your Bobby can cure just about anything...from falling on the floor and busting your lip open to your brother or sister hurting your feelings, or a stomach virus that has you throwing up constantly for 2 hours! As soon as Bobby is in your arms, all is right with your world again :)
Finally, EVERYONE that sees you, whether family, friend, or stranger can't get over how much you look like me! I truly hope that's a good thing :) I have even looked at my baby pictures and can see the definite resemblance. I say it's about time I got one that looks like me though...Max is a carbon copy of daddy and Abby is the female version of Max. Since I was the one that did all the hard work getting you guys here I'd like to think at least one would look like they belong to me :)
You and Max and Abby mean the world to me and although it gets loud and crazy and wild and insane around here at times...there is an awful lot of love in this house. God blessed Daddy and me with the greatest gifts and we are honored that He chose us to be your parents.

Love,
Mommy

No comments: