Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring Break 2009...in a nutshell

It's Over...the kids went back to school today. I was actually kind of sad to see them go but I knew they were excited to go back and see all their friends.

Let's see...our week (without pictures...grrrrrrrr)...

Friday ~ We hung out around the house mostly, which was a good thing because that was the day Max and John and Lucy all got the stomach virus... yuck-o

Saturday ~ stayed close to home since Max and John and Lucy were still recovering.

Sunday ~ pretty much the same as Saturday, Max was still feeling bad off and on because he kept trying to eat stuff that his belly just wasn't ready for yet...BOYS DON'T LISTEN (yes, that includes their dads too).

Monday ~ John had the day off and we were determined to have some family time darn it! We set off for Sullivan's Island to go to the playground and Max just happened to mention that he wanted to go back to Fort Moultrie sometime...John and I decided that this would be "sometime". Had a great time and grabbed some snacks on the way home. I took the kids up to my parents' house to play with cousins for a couple hours...John stayed home to rest and get some work done.

Tuesday ~ My mom, sister Shea, and Shea's 4 kids came over to our house to play for a couple of hours. The kids had fun and after Lucy took her nap I got brave (read "desperate") and took all 3 kids to the store to buy some MUCH NEEDED groceries...not the best trip we ever had to the store and I'll leave it at that!

Wednesday ~ headed over to my parents' house again to play with cousins. Came home late again...having lots of fun :) We thought it was their last day in town :( ...

Thursday ~ got a call from my mom in the morning asking if we wanted to go to the aquarium. Shea and the kids were staying 1 more day :) Saw lots of fish and had lunch where a VERY RUDE man (customer) made a jerk of himself in the middle of the restaurant for all (including our 7 young children) to see. I hadn't planned on going to my parents' house that day...didn't even pack pj's for the kids...but they asked and I knew they'd have more fun playing with their cousins than with each other at home...so we went. Of course, the kids had a blast!

Friday ~ relax and chill at home so I could catch up on some housework. Lucy goes to bed and we think she is having a serious case of separation anxiety...nope...stomach bug again! Another looooooooong night.

Saturday ~ Neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt. John takes Max and Abby to find eggs while I stay here so Lucy can nap. Max gets a haircut. I take Max clothes shopping! He is NOT a good shopping buddy. Too much like his dad...walks in the store...picks up the first shirt he sees..."Here mom. I think this will look good on me. Are we done now?" UGH. I don't get very many shopping days and he does his best to dampen my parade. Fortunately my mom was there too so he didn't drive me too crazy! Looking forward to next Saturday when I get to take Abby...she's much more fun to shop with...no, I'm being serious...she really is :) I get some one on one time with my babies and get to shop...WOO HOO!

Sunday ~ Easter Sunday. Egg hunt in the house. Max played with the neighbor's grandkids and we went to my mom and dad's for Easter dinner...shrimp and chicken. I had already planned to make sweet potato casserole and although it wouldn't go too well with the entree John insisted I make it...HE LOVES THE STUFF. I also made deviled eggs for the first time ever and they were a hit! I think the key was the crumbled bacon I mixed in :)

Shipped my camera off today to get fixed. $28 to send it! I hope it gets fixed and is back here soon. Max's birthday party is on the 2nd.

So there you have it...our Spring Break...nothing fancy...but it was fun! Oh yeah, and Max lost his 2nd tooth!

No comments: