Friday, February 6, 2009

Her Own Sense of Style...

I may not have the best sense of fashion, but hey...I at least MATCH! So I don't know where Abby has gotten her sense of style...John doesn't always do the best job dressing the kids but even he had to question Abby's choice :) Love you John :P

Anyway, Abby likes to get dressed almost immediately upon waking and she doesn't like to hear me ask her to wait a minute. Most of the time when she picks out her own clothes AND gets herself dressed she does a very good job picking out things that match. Also, she DOES NOT like ANY help getting dressed! She can be twisted up like a pretzel or be trying to squeeze her head through an arm hole or be pulling her nose up over head in an attempt to get her shirt on and she WILL NOT LET US HELP HER!!! ugh...this is so frustrating. I admit that I do like her sense of independence...most of the time...but for crying out loud...she will stand and scream and pitch a fit because she is stuck in her clothes but will scream louder and run away if we try to help.

But I digress...

Because I was busy getting Lucy's breakfast yesterday morning and Abby couldn't wait any longer to get dressed...

Because she REALLY wanted to wear her striped shirt...

Because she REALLY wanted to wear her pink snowflake pants...

And because her brown shoes are the only ones she'll wear these days...

We got this...and yes...I let her wear it all day (she didn't have school)!


I know...it kind of hurts your eyes to look at the oufit doesn't it :)
I suggest you wear shades.
I'm so glad I took a picture...I'm sure she'll appreciate it in a few years :)
And just because I loaded them in the computer I'll share a few more...just because they're cute!
This is Abby dressed up for her Princess/Prince day at school during "P" week.

Doodle-bug Lucy

Max just chillin'

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I swear Staci I nearly did a post this morning on the very same topic. Lydia is 3 and a half and insists on dressing herself and the outfits are hilarious! Just this morning she was in a navy blue striped sun dress with purple/ pink/ orange striped pants under. Oh and a white sparkly sweater. :)