Monday, February 16, 2009

Not Me Monday...Finally

Goodness...I know, "it's about time Staci posted her Not Me's", right? It's been a busy day and I've just been able to sit down at the computer to do them. You remember what to do right? Read my Not Me's (since I took the time to do them for ya...geesh) then click on the Not Me button to head over to MckMama's and read more Not Me's from people who were WAY more on the ball than me :) Have fun...or not! :)

This week...

~ I DID NOT have a bad morning and actually CRY over spilled milk. I was also most certainly NOT the person who spilled it...nope, NOT ME! If I HAD cried about it then I would NOT have laughed at myself later for being so cliche :)

~ I DID NOT allow Max and Abby to stay up late on Thursday night to help me make chocolate chip cookies. I wouldn't do that because they had school the next day and I know...being a teacher and all...how important a good full night's rest is for learning!

~I DID NOT get excited on Saturday night when Lucy really liked the garbanzo bean I gave her out of my chili. I then DID NOT proceed to give her about 20-30 more because she kept asking for them. I also DID NOT also give her a few kidney beans to see if she would like those.

~ Since I DID NOT do this then Lucy most certainly DID NOT wake up every hour screaming during the night. I DID NOT think it was because her eyes were goopy and she was still congested. She DID NOT have four horrendous diapers yesterday. Since I am a good mom, it DID NOT take me until Sunday night, with her waking up crying again and having a NASTY diaper, to realize that is was the BEANS!

~ I DID NOT wonder if I could give the poor baby some BEAN-O (don't worry, I didn't give her any) and I DID NOT think I should go back and reread MckMama's post on Mommy Guilt :) THAT thought DID NOT come to my mind twice this week...the other time when I DID NOT feel guilty about Max's feet being squished into a size 1 shoe when he now needs (and now has) a size 3!

~ I DID NOT resort to bribery to get Abby to eat her food this week. She is a great eater and would never tell me she didn't want to eat and therefore I wouldn't have to tell her that I would take her to target to buy a new pair of shoes if she ate without arguing for 5 days! I would NOT stoop to that level and play on my daughter's LOVE for shoes :)

~I DID NOT witness Lucy vomit for the first time last week...all over her car seat and Abby's...right after we home from picking Abby up from school...20 minutes before we had to leave to get Max!

~ I DID NOT spend 2 1/2 hours working on my checkbook...I AM NOT missing 14 cents and I WOULD NOT try to find it if I was! I AM NOT anal about the checkbook being balanced to the penny and I WILL NOT keep looking until it is found. Besides, it isn't even an issue because I NEVER make "accounting" errors :)

WOW! That felt great...if I HAD done any of those things I would feel so free now...okay, NOW WHERE IS THAT 14 CENTS!!!!!

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Hee-Hee...I can so NOT relate! I never ever let my son eat so much watermelon when he was 1 yr old(seeds and all) that for the next 3 days his diapers looked like he had a major GI bleed!!! and I didn't forget to tell his MDO teachers who called me in a panic to tell me my son needed to go to the hospital immediately! Thanks for bringing such funny memories back!

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Great list! It sounds like you had a doozy of a week!

I have NOT cried over my own spilled milk before either! And the incident with the beans...that is something I so would NOT do!

Happy Not Me Monday and thanks for stopping by my blog!

Stacy Uncorked said...

LOL! I have NOT literally cried over spilled milk before, either! :) And did NOT give the Princess Nagger beans when she was younger because she did NOT like them so much! ;) I am NOT anal and that missing 14 cents would NOT be driving me crazy...nope, not me! ;)

Great list!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Happy Not Me! Monday! :)

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Wow, I let $14 dollars go, but I am not a details person! MMmm, after reading that? I want cookies! Have a great week!