Monday, February 23, 2009

Not Me! Monday

Don't you just love Mondays? :) Since MckMama started Not Me! Mondays I have looked forward to Mondays as a day where I can wipe the slate clean and start over...gotta make room for all the other stuff I'm NOT going to do this week! Hey, the kids are fed (donuts are a food group right?), clean (at least they were when they went to bed), healthy (depending on when you ask), and happy (yeah, even when they're screaming at each other and throwing fits I know they are bursting with joy...on the inside :) ) so I don't have anything to worry about. So, just read about what I DID NOT do this week and then click on over to MckMama's to see what other people didn't do.

This week...

~I DID NOT spend about 10 minutes searching for my cell phone, all over the house. I DID NOT accuse Lucy of taking it. Upon giving up, I DID NOT sit down to change Lucy's diaper and find it...in my back pocket. Nope, Not Me...I would NEVER accuse my sweet baby doll of taking something and hiding it from her mommy...especially when she can't defend herself!

~ Upon asking Lucy if she had a stinky diaper, she DID NOT turn around, pick up her Bobby, hold him out to me, and proceed to say, clear as a bell, "Bobby toot"! Seriously, where would she learn to pass off her stinkiness by making someone else the culprit?

~After having an on-again, off-again relationship (since about November) with runny noses, sneezes and coughs in the face, and sweet kisses all from my children...I DID NOT finally succumb to the germs and get a sinus infection. I DID NOT let John take all 3 kids to church yesterday (I seriously couldn't believe he offered!) and I DID NOT use that time wisely...to SLEEP! Who takes a 2 hour nap when they have piles of laundry and dirty dishes screaming out to be washed? GEESH!

~I DID NOT spill an entire travel mug of coffee on the counter the other day, right after I had warned Abby to be careful with her cup! I WAS NOT so upset by not having my coffee in the car that I had to console myself with a Caramel Latte from Dunkin Donuts!

~Okay, if I HAD done this it would be sooooo gross but I didn't so it's okay...While holding Lucy the other day, I DID NOT notice a big green (well, something) in her nose that needed to come out. Since we were out of tissue downstairs I absolutely DID NOT use the sleeve of my robe to wipe her nasty nose! Please know that if I had done that, I certainly would have immediately put my robe in the dirty clothes to be washed :)

~Finally, I DID NOT send Max to school this morning in a sweater that was NOT uniform colors! I DID NOT do this because it took me until this morning to realize that Max's coat was missing and that he had more than likely left it in my mom's car on Saturday. I am more together than that of course! If I had sent Max in a non-uniform sweater, then I certainly would not have sent a note of apology and explanation...because I am NOT a rules follower! Now they know that I wasn't trying to break the rules...I'm just a scatterbrain...much better don't ya think :)


Well, enough about me...go check out someone else's Not Me's and ask yourself, "What didn't I do this week?"

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Happy Not Me! Monday :) When my daughter came to me with a boogie on her finger, and I had no tissues nearby, I told her to wipe it on my pants.....and now, she does it all the time!

Recovering Noah said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Let me know if you come across that Kiera photo, 'kay? ;) ;)

Loved your NOT Me's. They sound exactly like things that did NOT happen around our house, too. lol.

Hmmmm... I'm craving Dunkin Donuts coffee all of a sudden... :-)

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I got a boogie wiped on me yesterday too, your in good company it sounds like!
I don't drink coffee, but a dunkin DONUT sounds good right now!

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out said...

Robe sleeves, shirt sleeves, pant legs...heck even bare fingers.....I have done it all.....