Thursday, February 19, 2009

Noodles in Her Hair!

Abby's got noodles in her hair! Well, not REAL noodles but the fun kind :) When my sister Shea and I were little we had stick straight long hair and every once in a while, especially the night before school pictures, my mom would give our hair a little bounce with some noodles. No, they weren't rods, they were braids! After we got our hair washed she would braid our hair into tiny braids and we would sleep in them. The next morning we take them out and VOILA!!! instant noodles (hmmmm...reminds me I need to make the girls their lunch).

Back to the present...Abby's hair has gotten longer and last night I asked her if I could give her noodle hair (of course I had to explain I wasn't putting food in her hair). Although she isn't the most patient 3 year old in the world...ahem...she agreed and sat on my bed while I proceeded to braid my little heart out! I was so excited to be able to play with her hair :) Towards the end she was getting antsy so I turned on Food Network and we watched a cake decorating competition while I finished. We had to take a picture...OF COURSE!

Her daddy loved her braids and thought she should leave them in.


Max and Abby...ready for bed now.

This morning we took the braids out...much to daddy's disappointment...and here we have it ladies and gentleman...Abby's first case of NOODLE HAIR!!!!!

It took her some time to get used to it but now she keeps checking it out in the mirror to make sure it hasn't disappeared!

The girls and I decided to take a walk this morning...well, I was walking, Lucy in the stroller, Abby riding her bike. Abby had to pose by her bike sporting her pink sunglasses. I don't know she looks at least 4 1/2 don't you think :)


Ready to ride!

And just because she is so cute...here's Lucy!

No comments: