Monday, February 9, 2009

Not Me! Monday

It's that time of week again. To unload your imperfections/embarrassing moments as a wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend (or the male version of all those if that is the case). MckMama's blog carnival is still growing strong and each week many of us get some free therapy as we confess to some things we "did not" do during the week that might make us look less than perfect...if we actually DID do them. After you are done here, click on the Not Me! Monday button above and read MckMama's Not Me!'s as well as a couple hundred others...if you've got some time...if not, pick a few and you'll be sure to feel better about yourself :)

This week...

~ I DID NOT hear a small girl voice screaming "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!" in the house. I DID NOT then keep trying to ask Abby what she wanted. Abby DID NOT look at me like I was crazy...I DID NOT then realize that it was Lucy calling me from her crib. Really, I can tell the difference between my children's voices and cries. I would NEVER confuse them...NOT ME!

~ After enjoying a delicious dinner at my parents's house on Wednesday I DID NOT pack Max some leftovers to put in his lunch box and I certainly WOULD NEVER forget to bring them home! I also DID NOT forget Abby's favorite necklace that she made at school and I absolutely...positively...DID NOT leave one of Lucy's pacifiers on the street! I NEVER forget things when I leave my parents house. I am highly organized and keep things together and ALWAYS leave with everything I came with...(seriously though...I'm just making sure I don't leave anything important...like a kid! :)

~ Abby HAS NOT started becoming more and more picky about what she eats. I therefore DID NOT pack her a blueberry muffin, baby carrots, popcorn, grapes, and juice in her lunchbox today. I AM NOT tired of hearing, "I don't like that!" whenever I put something in front of her to eat...that she asked for!

~I DID NOT turn 37 last Friday and then proceed to chop all my hair off on Saturday. I DO NOT enjoy trying new things with my hair and getting a little pampered at the salon...nope, Not Me! ;)

~I DID NOT make Abby wear and zip up her jacket on Thursday when we went to pick Max up from school because she WAS NOT wearing this...

I also DID NOT post about Abby's questionable sense of fashion. I mean really, the poor thing is ONLY 3! I should count my blessings that she is even interested in dressing herself...right?

~ I WAS NOT thrilled on Thursday when I was finally able to get a phone number for my fifth grade teacher's son. I WAS NOT even more excited that he answered his phone when I called ( I did consider the time difference and waited for a decent hour) and that I found out sweet Mrs. Bienia is still living with him and doing well at the young age of 90!

~ Finally, I DID NOT have a "MckMama moment" just this morning when Lucy and I stopped at the gas station. The lady at the cash register DID NOT proceed to take Lucy's pacifier out of her mouth and pretend to keep it. This same lady, who was trying to play with Lucy, DID NOT then try to put the pacifier back in Lucy's mouth! I DID NOT intercept the pacifier and stick it in my pocket saying she really didn't need it...thankfully Lucy played along and didn't fuss for it. That DID NOT gross me out because I DID NOT just see the lady come out of the bathroom before she came to the register. I AM NOT linking to MckMama's post above about her recent experience...you WILL NOT find it in the middle of the post.

Okay, since I DO NOT have yet another mountain of dirty laundry calling my name, I think I'll just go lay on the couch, put my feet up and eat some bon-bons! Head on over to MckMama's now and see what everyone else DID NOT do!



5 comments:

Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom said...

Oh this is hilarious. I love the outfit your daughter did not choose, and the jacket that I'm sure did not cover it all up!

I like the way you write - very entertaining!

Please check out my Not Me Monday
http://eightymphmom.blogspot.com/2009/02/not-me-monday_09.html

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! Good for you for doing something for yourself..I bet your hair looks great!

Your kids are beautiful!

Have a blessed day!
Amanda

Mary Teresa said...

Good for you chopping off your hair! Play with it while you're able that's my motto. And generally, if all goes well of course, it grows back. =D And happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe the pacifier thing happened to you, too! Did it happen after you read my post about it? Were you thinking of me AS IT happened, or were you too horrified to think clearly at all? What is it with people!? Funny:)

Jessie said...

So funny! I especially love the white socks in that stylish outfit. You absolutely did not let her dress herself and then blog about her fashion sense... that made me day.