Thursday, November 12, 2009

Fevers + Coughing = NO SLEEP!

We're still fighting the great Swine War in our house. Last night has probably been the worst (sleepwise) since I came down with it Saturday night. Lucy has had a little bit of a cough all week but other than that was fine. Last night, after I was finally able to doze off on the couch (I've slept there the past two nights since John has been sick I wanted him to be able to have the whole bed...I know...I'm too nice), I heard Lucy starting to fuss. The past few nights she has been only waking up once then goes back to sleep until about 7:15am. Last night however, as soon as I sat up to go up to her I heard it...the croup cough (insert my fussing here).

I got her up and held her in the recliner for about an hour and a half. I cracked the living room window beside the chair because it was SO cold outside I didn't feel like dragging us both out into it. I was extremely uncomfortable during this time because Baby Girl has been trying out new positions lately and the one she was in last night was NOT conducive to a reclining position on my back!

I got Lucy back up to bed but after that I was up for a few hours doing my own coughing. I decided it would be a good idea to take a couple of puffs on the inhaler when I started coughing so much and couldn't catch my breath all the way. After that I was coughing (much more productive) a lot more and I couldn't get comfortable. That's about the time Lucy woke up again. John took a turn with her this time and I was able to catch a nap for about an hour and a half. By then it was time for John to get up for work and I had to get Max up. Lucy was awake by this time...grrrrrr.

I'm not exactly sure how we made it to Abby's school this morning and then back home again but I plunked Lucy down for a nap as soon as we got home and then crawled into my bed. I set the alarm for 2 hours hoping Lucy would be accommodating...well, I got about another hour and a half...it's something.

I'm expecting tonight to be bad again then hopefully tomorrow night we can be doing better.

3 comments:

Kmama said...

Oh no!! That is definitely no fun. Buddy was up coughing last night because of his asthma, but Buster is finally on the mend. He still doesn't have a voice though, unless you consider high pitched, squeaky, and hoarse to be a voice.

I hope tonight is better.

jules said...

Hope you have a better night.

PotterMama said...

Oh no =-/ Praying you all get better (& stay better!) soon! And that you get some good sleep tonight!