Friday, November 6, 2009

Peanut Update...

My appointment went well this morning. Peanut's heartrate was in the 130's, my BP was 110/62. I had the Group B Strep test done today and will get the results next week. The dr. also checked my cervix and although it is softening it is still high and closed...no dilation :)

I told her that I was concerned after taking the hospital tour that the nurse had said we have to stop and check in at the ER desk first before we go up to L&D. I said that as fast as Abby came, there would have been no time to check in! The dr. told me that if I feel like I am having the baby right then to let them know and they will get me out of the ER and upstairs so fast my head will spin :) They don't wanna be birthin' no babies in the ER!

She did tell me that if I thought I would feel more comfortable about it then she would be more than willing to schedule an induction at 39 weeks. Although I would have jumped at the chance with Abby or even Lucy, I told her I'd rather go on my own. I labor very well at home and I think staying busy and doing my normal stuff actually helps my labor go faster. I took Abby shoe shopping the day I was in labor with Lucy :) I was making beds and doing laundry while I was laboring with Abby.

My dr. was fine with it and told that if I do turn out GBS positive then she would want me to come in a little sooner than later during labor just to try to get the meds in me before the baby was born. Yeah, I told her that I would NOT be waiting until the contractions were 5 min. apart for an hour before I bothered to call. 6-7 minutes apart for 15-20 minutes is about how far I can go before I need to waddle my butt out the door and get in the car and go :) Waiting any longer than that could put John into panic mode (he still gets chills when he thinks about how close he came to almost delivering Abby in the car)!

So, now I go back every week. I'll be 34 weeks this Sunday. The dr. said if I feel like I need to take a Terbutaline any time in the next 2 weeks that is fine...but she said after 36 weeks not to worry about it because they wouldn't go to drastic measures to stop labor at that point! I have repeatedly asked Peanut to PLEASE let me make it through Thanksgiving. We'll see if this little girl listens to her mommy :)

No comments: