Monday, November 9, 2009

Update...

I am feeling about 50-60% better today. I am still coughing which has torn up my throat and made my voice very husky. My head is also having a hard time deciding if it is going to be stuffy or not...don't know what's going on there. I have off and on headaches but haven't taken any Tylenol since 9am this morning :) Which means I haven't had a fever since this morning either. Up until then my temp would start to rise again about an hour before it was time to take more so I'm thinking this is good.

After my post on Saturday night I went to bed but was really only able to sleep for about 30 minutes. I woke up feeling worse and a little nauseous. I had bought somne Ginger Ale since my dr. had said the Tamiflu might upset my stomach. After about another hour I realized that I was having a hard time catching my breath while I was laying down. I sat up for a while and then started having pain in the center of my chest which travelled to my back and spread around me completely like I was being wrapped in bandages. I called my dr. back at about 12:30am and she felt like I should go in to the ER to have them check me just to make sure I didn't have pneumonia.

I got there and got checked out (my bp was 95/62...imagine that!) and they said my lungs were clear (YAY!) but that I was having bronchospasms more than likely caused by the virus. I was given a breathing treatment, which made me throw up about halfway through. Once the nausea was gone I finished the treatment and could tell a difference in my breathing and the pain in my chest was not nearly as bad. The dr. sent me home with a prescription for an albuterol inhaler. So I stopped at the 24 hour CVS pharmacy for the second time that night got my inhaler and headed home to bed.

Baby Girl has been moving around quite a bit to let me know she is doing fine;) She has been my biggest worry during this...well, her and the rest of my family of course...but she's the only one who can't get away from my germs.

I called our primary care dr (mine and John's) this morning to see if John should take Tamiflu as a precaution since he hasn't been able to get either of his flu shots yet. They are calling in a prescription for him. I am praying he doesn't get it because as hard as it is for him when I am sick...it's much much worse when he is sick ;P I love him dearly but he is one pitiful boy (read..."bad patient") when he isn't feeling well...

2 comments:

Real Housewife of Broke County said...

Just wanted to say I hope you feel better and get LOTS of rest. We've had the flu twice now this year and it's really horrible. Take care.

Staci said...

It sounds like you might be on the up side now; I sure hope so. So far I've avoided the flu but everyone that works in my building has had some version of it.