Sunday, November 22, 2009

Getting Some Stuff Done...

Thanks so much to my super duper awesome Mom and Dad for keeping the kids this weekend so John and I could have a much needed "Home Improvement" weekend! I have been wanting to get some painting and organizing done around the house for a while but it was never a good time with 3 little "helpers" running around the house. Now that I am in full blown "nesting" mode I was itching to get it done.

I sorted through 3 boxes of baby girl clothes, got Lucy's dresser painted, the living room carpet steam cleaned, and the playroom purged of some useless odds and ends and broken toys and rearranged! John got the grass cut and spent the rest of our quiet time painting our bedroom :) Although I did not sleep as soundly as I thought I would, it was wonderful not have to get up multiple times during the night to a screaming Lucy. I was definitely able to catch up on some MUCH NEEDED sleep! For that alone, my parents are my heroes (there are many other reasons as well :)

Next on the list is to get Lucy's dresser into her and Abby's room and move her clothes into it so I can finish sorting through the baby clothes and getting them into the changing table. I also need to clean out the closet in the baby's room and make sure I have supplies ready for her arrival. WHEW! Oh yeah, I'm cooking Thanksgiving dinner this Thursday so I need to get out my recipes and write out my shopping list then figure out when I'm going to do the shopping. I got the turkey last night so at least I'm good there. I keep having nightmares that I won't be able to find any sweet potatoes or green beans!!!

I changed my next OB visit to 8:40 on Wednesday morning since John's hours changed for Tuesday and Wednesday he would actually be able to go with us (the kids are off so we'll be making it a family event). John hasn't met my doctor yet so I figured this would be a good chance to do that. I was having contractions off and on all day Friday and Saturday so we'll see if they accomplished anything! Just praying she hangs in there until Dec. 5th. After that I'll be ready :) Of course she'll probably come on that day during the Clemson vs. South Carolina game! That's okay...one more Tiger fan entering the world :)

Thanks again Mom and Dad...what you did for us this weekend is SO SO SO SO SO appreciated! Even if you did let Abby wear Lucy's dress as a shirt ;P

3 comments:

jules said...

I love weekends like that.

Kmama said...

I'm glad you were able to get some stuff done. Yay for parents that help out like that!!

PotterMama said...

I'm glad you got to get things done! I dont know what its going to be like for me when our third one comes!