Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Big Girl...Big Girl Pants...

Today is a big day for Miss Lucy. She is out of diapers and wearing pull-ups now!!! Lately she has been putting up a fuss when I lay her down to change her diaper so I figured it was time to bite the bullet and get some "big girl pants". She was so excited when I told her she was going to get to wear one today. I think she wet her last diaper as quickly as she could so she could put a pull-up on :)

After I put the pull-up on her all she could keep saying was "pull-ups, pull-ups, pull-ups". She did walk a little funny when she first got it on and keeps pulling her shorts away from her so she can see it. This is our slow progression towards potty training. She will sit on her potty right before she gets in the bath but hasn 't "done" anything in it yet. She also hasn't shown a whole lot if interest in "going" on the potty yet either. It would be nice to have her on the road to potty training before the baby is born but we'll have to see. Neither Max nor Abby were potty trained before the next one came so at least I'll be used to it :) I'm thinking I might try next month once Max starts school to see if she is ready...

I'd also like to say Happy Anniversary to my in-laws. Jack and Charlotte are celebrating 49 years of marriage today! WooHoo! Hope it's a wonderful day!

No comments: