Thursday, July 30, 2009

Getting Bigger...

Today I decided to bite the bullet and put on some big girl pants...literally. As I was attempting to get dressed this morning I realized something...the inevitable had happened...my belly has gotten too big for my regular "transition" clothes. By transition I mean, all the clothes I bought as I was losing weight after Abby was born (gotta love Weight Watchers) to get me back down to my pre-pregnancy, or should I say pre -"Max's" pregnancy, weight!

So, needless to say, I busted out the maternity pants and I have to say...boy do I feel so much better :) I will be 20 weeks this Sunday so I think I held out long enough. Once the baby is born and I have made my way back DOWN through the "transition" clothes, I plan on burning them (I'll probably just pass them down with the maternity clothes but burning them sounds like more of a celebration)!!! They have served their purpose and I know that as tired as I am of wearing them, John (and I'm sure the rest of my family) is tired of looking at them on me :)

I have informed John that I WILL be going back to Weight Watchers after the baby is born and I WILL lose this weight yet again. I will return to some semblance of my pre-baby self (of course some parts of me will never be the same again...not without surgical intervention anyway...sigh).

So I will enjoy the relaxing feel of the maternity clothes for 20+ weeks and to Weight Watchers I say, I WILL SEE YOU IN JANUARY!!! Until then however, the only points I'll be counting are the ones that Clemson scores this football season :)


1 comment:

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

You were still wearing regular clothes at 20 weeks?! GO YOU! That is awesome :)

I always loved the 20's week during pregnancy. Happy for you!

-Andrea