Friday, July 24, 2009

Party Mode!

I'm in "Party Mode" today. We've got lots to do today...including mommy making Abby's Tinkerbell cake! I love having their party's at a park/playground because then I don't have to add "Mad woman house cleaning" to my list (and the fact that it is free is AWESOME!). I mean, I DO clean my house but adding the amount of "extra" cleaning you do when people are coming over is not something I need to have on my "To-Do" list today...if you know what I mean :)

Anyway, I love having birthday parties for my kids. They get to decide on a theme (once they are old enough) and that is what I base the invitations (that I make...lately with help from my VERY creative sister Mallory), cake, and "colors" on for the party. I usually bypass the "themed" plates and napkins and go to the Dollar Tree for those items in the "right colors".

I make the cake myself...I'm by no means a professional, but it becomes a challenge to me to outdo myself! Also, my parents always made our cakes growing up (mom would bake the cake and dad would spend hours meticulously decorating the cakes). I remember those cakes and now I realize how much time and love went into each one. I want my kids to have that as well.

We'll make the rest easy by ordering a nugget tray from Chick-fil-a and getting the big multi pack of chips and some juice boxes and water. I enjoy doing these parties for my kids because I love to watch them having a blast playing with their friends. They still talk about their parties over the course of the year until it is time for their next one. I love that they are making these memories of growing up.

Okay, I'm off. Stuff to do and get before our big day tomorrow. Wish me luck on the cake :) I'll post a picture later of the finished product!

2 comments:

jules said...

I know how you feel. We are getting ready for our grand daughter's big bash this Sunday. Lots of work, but always worth it.

Sugar and Spice said...

HI! I saw your comment on Mckmama! I wanted to share my website with you: Sugarandspice1.etsy.com
I will be donating a portion of all sales to the String of pearls to help families and babies like Stellan! I am trying to get it out there in any way I can! Please let your family, friends etc. I would really appreciate it!
Thanks!! :)
-lexi
Sugarandspice4baby.blogspot.com