Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Finally...PARTY POST!

Yeah! I got my camera back last night and now I can finally post pics of Abby's 4th birthday party :) I know, you've all been waiting on the edge of your seats for this post! Well, the wait is over...

We went to Palmetto Islands County Park to celebrate. They have a playground area called "The Big Toy" that they recently renovated and the new playground is awesome! It beats the old wooden (read splintery) playground equipment with ROCKS for a play surface! It has a cool spongy type surface area and the "little kid" play area is bigger and more small kid friendly.

Anyway, a few of Abby's friends from her preschool class came as well as her 4 cousins (Jack, Molly, Sophie, and Macy), my sisters and my mom and dad. We also enjoyed having our friend Henry and his dad Ryan join us as well :) The amount of people that came was a great number and Abby had fun playing with all her guests (well, Max and Jack kind of did their own thing but they did show up for food!)

We played for awhile, then ate Chick-fil-a nuggets (gotta love those nugget trays), chips, and juice. They played for a little while more then we sang Happy Birthday to Abby and had Tinkerbell cake then off for more play time. We've had two of Max's parties there in the past and have learned that it is just asking too much of the little ones to stop playing long enough to open presents so we have just started opening them at home :)

Abby (and her guests I believe) had a great time together...here are a few pics...


Abby posing on the rock.

John introducing Lucy to the "misting pole".
I'm so glad they included that during the renovation...a great way to cool off!

My mom (Nana) and my sisters, Mallory (Mimi) and Shea (Shea-Shea)

Shea and Sophie

The Birthday Girl!

The Tinkerbell cake...yep, made it myself.
Not exactly the picture I had in my head but it turned out better than I thought it would :)

Tinkerbell cake...side view

Coming in September 2009, Lucy's 2nd birthday!!!

She hasn't decided yet if she wants a Dora party or a Mickey Mouse party.

No comments: