Friday, July 31, 2009

Dr. appointment updates...

Abby's appointment yesterday went well. She weighs in at 39.2 pounds and stands at 3'5" tall. She did very well. I asked her dr. about his ideas on how to handle her fits. I told him the different things I had read and what we have been doing lately. I did feel better that he told me I was doing the right thing (well, obviously that would be HIS opinion...someone else may have told me to do the other) and that it would just take time and consistency. Okay, so she should be through this "phase" by the time she starts college, right?????

Peanut's appointment went well today also. Heartrate in the 150's. All the screenings we've had done so far have come back negative. I get to do the "yummy" glucose test at my next appointment :( My blood pressure was also very good...100/64. That's after taking Max, Abby, and Lucy to eat lunch, by myself, right before my appointment time! If that didn't get my b.p. up then I don't know what would ;) So we have our ultrasound downtown on Tuesday and my next regular checkup is on Aug. 28th.

After the appointment the kids and I went to Wal-Mart to do the grocery shopping...ugh. Not their best show of behavior I have to say (I stopped at our bank's branch in Wal-Mart and the teller behind the counter kept laughing at the kids as all 3 of them were shaking their heads back and forth and fast and as hard as they could...I think I heard some rattling). I was looking for the ingredients to make chicken pot pie for dinner and they didn't have the phyllo dough I needed. I figured we'd get home, unload, let the kids use the restroom then run to Publix "real quick". By the time I got the kids and groceries out of the car and into the house I decided I was NOT going anywhere else with my darling little helpers and I'm just going to make a pie shell from scratch! SO THERE :)

Alright, off to gather my wits about me and start making the stuff for the pot pie and oh yeah, the homemade apple crisp!


No comments: