Saturday, August 15, 2009

Falling Behind...

Uh...no...I'm NOT talking about MY behind (although it could stand to be perked up), I'm talking about everything else. I had a day the other day that just felt like every mistake I had made in the last month was making itself known in a few short hours. I sometimes feel like I have so much to do and then I get overwhelmed with it all and can't seem to get myself to do anything!


I tell myself I can do it, no I WILL do it tomorrow. Well, then tomorrow comes and goes and the items on the list still aren't checked off. If I spend too much time doing the "chores" then I feel like I am neglecting the kids...if I am spending time with them then I don't feel like I have gotten anything done at the end of the day. Don't get me wrong, first and foremost I want to give my kids all of myself...I just haven't been able to balance the mom thing and chores thing very well recently.


When I get a burst of energy I can clean like a madwoman (the way my mom taught me ;P )and get lots of stuff done. The energy spurts don't happen a whole lot though. I do try to get the kids to do their share by picking up their rooms and the playroom, but they are still too young to keep their attention focused on the task at hand. They end up playing more than cleaning :) I have a "plan" that once Max and Abby are both in school, I'm going to pick one of my energy spurts and purge some toys. Yard sale, Goodwill, trash pile...all of the above :) We'll see if that "plan" gets off the ground!


I don't have to have everything spic and span every single day. I am able to let some things go at times. But then I feel like it gets behind, then I get behind, then I can't dig myself out of the hole. There are so many projects that I would LOVE to get done before the baby gets here...I just can't start any of them because I am spending too much time on the "chores".

I don't know, maybe it is just the pregnancy hormones and once the baby gets here I will be back to normal...well, whatever "normal" is for me anyway (I don't need any comments from you mom, Shea, and Mallory :) I do spend a lot of time praying about this, I'm just not sure what I should be praying for exactly. The ability to feel okay about not getting everything done? That I will suddenly have the energy and time to do "it all"? That my kids will suddenly start automatically cleaning up their messes and asking what else they can do to help out (ha!)? Right now I am just telling God that I am listening to Him and trying to have faith that I'm doing the best I can right now.

Wow, feels better to get it out. Now it's time to suck it up and get on with it. Alright, enough rambling and time to end the pity party. Maybe I'll go soak in a warm bath...awwww crap, the kitchen is still a mess! Clean it?...Let it go until tomorrow?...Clean it?...Let it go until tomorrow?

...let you know tomorrow what I decide :)

(I'm starting to sound like Scarlett O'Hara..."I'll think about that tomorrow!")

1 comment:

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Ahhh... the tyranny of the urgent.

It's so tough to find balance! I'll let you know if I ever uncover the secret to it :)

I know I always feel better if I clean the kitchen at night. But you know, sometimes, I just can't. And that's okay!

Smile today!

-Andrea