Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Today is the day...

We are excited that today is the day we get to "see the baby on t.v." (as the kids put it)! I am hoping the little peanut cooperates and we can get a peek as to whether or not we will be bringing some blue back into the house or keeping the pink flowing :)

Cute story... yesterday the kids and I were talking about today's appointment and Max kept saying, "Please let it be a boy..." over and over. I thought about my friend's daughter who was very upset that she's getting a baby brother instead of the sister she so desperately wanted. I asked Max, "If we find out that the baby is a girl instead will you be okay with that"? I honestly thought he'd say yes. To my surprise he said, "Not really mom". Okay. Then, jokingly of course, I told him about my friend and how she was having a boy and that her daughter wanted a girl. I said, "Well, if the baby is a girl, maybe we can trade with them so you can both get what you want". Again, I was joking and I thought (silly of me) that he would say "NO WAY". Ha! He surprised me again and said, "Okay, that sounds good"! Ugh. I then had to explain to him why we just couldn't do that. I called my friend and told her about it and she laughed...I wonder if her daughter would agree to the swap as quickly as Max did :)

Before the BIG appointment though I have to haul the kids to the DMV office with me to do some car stuff...wish me luck!


No comments: