Friday, August 28, 2009

A Little Too Sweet

I had a doctor's appointment and got to have the pleasure of doing the glucose test. The lady at the lab brought me the ice cold orange sugary drink and a cup and told me to drink it within 5 minutes and let her know what time I finished. I was so thirsty and my mouth was so dry (despite the half bottle of water I drank on the way) that I was done in about 1 minute!

After that I headed upstairs for my appointment. Little girl is doing well and her heart rate was in the 160's this morning. She was also jumping around like a jumping bean. Can you say...SUGAR SHOCK????? :) We were both buzzing! I go back for my next appointment in 3 weeks and I will start meeting with the other partners in the practice just in case one of them ends up delivering me.

After an hour had passed I had my blood draw and was told that I should get a call at the end of the day to let me know the results. I am praying I will pass and won't have to go back for the 3 hour test like I did with Lucy. I also had my thyroid levels checked so hopefully those won't have changed too much either.

That's all I have for now :) Will post with the results of the glucose test later...






No comments: