Monday, August 10, 2009

Not Me! Monday...It's Been Awhile!


Yes, you guessed it...I got it together long enough to do another Not Me! post. I have NOT had a long list of Not Me's! just waiting to be published! If you have never checked out MckMama's Not Me! Monday blog carnival (**gasp**), then you need to head over to her blog and read her Not Me's and those of countless (well, not really countless because the list averages between 300-500 a week) other people who are in the mood to confess this week :)

Click on MckMama's new, cool Not Me! Monday button above to head over to her blog...after you have finished here of course!

Anyway, here we go...

~ Max and Abby have NOT taken to sleeping on their floors at night in their sleeping bags. They DO NOT have perfectly good beds to sleep in!

~ Max has NOT started pretending to be a "dog" lately. He has NOT been asking for one for so long that he has just decided to BE one! He has NOT gotten his sisters into the act either. Last night after dinner, Lucy DID NOT start crawling on all fours, panting like a dog! UGH!

~ Last Tuesday, after finding out that he was going to have a third baby sister (instead of the brother he had begged and prayed for), Max DID NOT proceed to tell my mom, on the phone that when he found out it was a girl it "shocked the hell out of him"! NO WAY! We DO NOT think that he heard it while watching "Dirty Jobs"!

***DISCLAIMER*** Our children REALLY do not hear these words from us and John and I were REALLY not okay with his use of this word. We explained to him that we do not use this word and he was okay with that...geesh!

~ Yesterday I had to take Max out to get new shoes for school. While at Target, I DID NOT decide to get Lucy a couple of new pacifiers (I mean really, I'm going to be trying to phase them out next month when she turns 2, why would I buy her anymore)?

~ While NOT looking at the aforementioned pacifiers, Max was NOT looking at the back of one of the packages. He DID NOT then inform me that it looks like the pacifiers can give "Mommy's milk". He DID NOT come to this conclusion by noticing the drawing on the back of how the pacifier nipple mimics the mother's in the baby's mouth...UGH!

~ To conclude our shopping trip, we had to stop at Wal-Mart for a couple of items. I had stopped at an end rack between the ladies and girls departments to look at a cute 3 piece outfit for Lucy. When I turned around to tell Max it was time to keep moving, I DID NOT see my 6 year old son pinching the size C cup of a bra hanging on the opposite end rack! He DID NOT say to me "Oh, that's soft Mom"! I am NOT so happy that I had decided to go bra shopping alone earlier in the day :)

Okay, that's enough! You are probably already wondering what kind of mother I am that my child would do these kinds things :)

Remember, head on over to MckMama's to read more Not Me's!


4 comments:

LucieP said...

oh my goodness, Max is a hoot!! Sounds like he will handle having another sister just perfectly! :)~

Courtney said...

I clicked over here from McMama-I saw "Bailey". That's my five month old daughter's name.
Funny 'not me's!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Great list!! I was laughing the whole time! My boys have been known to do similar things with bras!
Congrats on baby girl! I am glad it is going well for you!

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Oh.... boys! Cracked me up!!

Our lives are all so normal, aren't they. Boys are boys are boys. And we love them :)

-Andrea