Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My Baby's in First Grade!

Ready to get to work!

Our new first grader!

He's not nervous...he was planning a pose :)

*** WOW! I can't believe how much he looks like his daddy!***

I can't believe it! I took my first born to school today for his first day of first grade! I think this day more than his other first days of school was tougher for me...why? First grade is the grade that I taught for 7 years before leaving to stay at home. It is the only grade I ever taught. I remember the first day of first grade for my students. I NEVER could picture my own children having their first day in first grade...they're supposed to stay my babies...not grow up on me!

Yesterday we went to the school to meet his teacher. Max kept asking to go and say hi to his kindergarten teachers as well. They couldn't believe how big he had gotten over the summer.

I love his teacher (since I worked there I knew most of the first grade teachers already) and I know he is going to have a great year :) I only left him a little over an hour ago and I'm already ready to go get him :)

Max told me this morning that he was not nervous at all. He was just excited and wanted to hurry up and get there. As we were getting in the car this morning he said, "Mom, I feel like a new person"!

Happy First Grade Sweet Boy! Mommy and Daddy are SO proud of you and love you SO much!

1 comment:

Staci said...

That is a good-looking first grader! And I'm liking his backpack!