Thursday, November 20, 2008

New Obsession!

No, not the cologne :) Lucy now has a new word that she is obsessed with...it just so happens to be her big sister's name...Abby. Allllllllll day long, what I here the most is "Aaaabbyyyyyy". I love how she draws out the beginning and the end of it. Usually if she sees a picture of Abby or the real thing she will add a little squeal to it. So cute. She is also verbalizing more when she wants something...YES!

The other day I was standing in the kitchen and I watched as she finished her milk in her sippy cup. Instead of screaming at me...like some other little girl I know would :)...Lucy walked to me, held out her cup and said, "Appy joos" (translation: apple juice). I said, "What do you say Lucy?". She grins really big and says, "Peeez" (please). Another time she wanted out of her booster seat when she was done eating and instead of screaming at me she said, "get down" (it's actually more like...getgetgetgetgetget dowwwwwwn!). I am loving me some baby communication. She also just started saying "up" when she wants me to pick her up. WooHoo!

Oh yeah, speaking of Abby. She informed me today that she has 3 names. I asked her what her first name was and she said Abby. I asked her what the other two were and she said Kavanaugh Bailey. At least she now admits that she has 3 names and doesn't lump the middle and last together as one...we're making progress.

No comments: