Monday, November 3, 2008

Not Me Monday Strikes Again!

Well, MckMama has done it again. Another Not Me Monday...and MckMuffin is barely out of the oven! You go girl! Click on the "Not Me!" button to read some other great "Not Me!" confessions when you are done here...

It's been one of those weeks...here's what I "didn't" do...

1. I did not get upset that it took so long getting my rental car Wednesday morning because I wanted to get home and check MckMama's blog...I'm not addicted or anything!

2. I did not cry when I read how God had performed yet another miracle and baby Stellan was born perfectly healthy. I also did not keep checking the blog all day to see if MckMama had posted any more pics...not that she was too busy or anything.

3. On Thursday, I did not (deep breath) make 5 dozen chocolate chip cookies, take all 3 kids to Wal-Mart to get groceries, help Max paint his pumpkin, make a complete spaghetti dinner, take Max to his football game, bathe all 3 kids, carve Max's pumpkin, make a popcorn treat for Abby's class party on Friday, boil the pumpkin seeds in salt water to roast them on Friday morning, and glue together 60 small candy foam candy corns for Abby's class craft at her party on Friday. Nope, not me, I don't have that kind of energy!

4. I did not have to make a tough choice to miss Max's field day on Friday morning to attend Abby's costume parade and party.

5. I did not take Abby and Lucy to Max's Halloween party and park them in a corner of the room to eat the grilled cheese sandwiches I "didn't" make at home minutes before we left. I wouldn't make my kids eat on the run like that :)

6. I did not get home from Max's party and let the kids watch a movie and put Lucy down for a nap so I could fold laundry, pack clothes into bags and bags into the car, and clean my kitchen. Then I did not get my kids into their costumes and take them trick or treating at 5:30 so we could jump into the car and get to John's office to eat dinner then get on the road to Charlotte. Like I said, I don't have that kind of energy and that's just way too early to go trick or treating!

7. I certainly did not fall asleep in the car on the way to Charlotte. I don't do that because then John wouldn't have anyone to keep him company while he's driving :)

8. Finally, I did not pick Abby up from school today and head to Wal-Mart to pick up a "few" things. Then I would never, no never, head to the carpool line at Max's school at 1:50 because going home would take too long and I wouldn't want to try to get closer to the front of the line! I'm not competitive like that. Of course, this also means that I did not make Abby and Lucy sit in the car for almost 40 minutes in the carpool line because we got there so early. I'm not that mean!

With all that stuff I didn't do...it's no wonder I'm not exhausted!

No comments: