Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Remembering Our Veterans...

This post is dedicated to my favorite veteran, my dad. He served in the Navy for 20 years before retiring in 1989. He spent most of those years on submarines. At his retirement ceremony a friend of mine sang Lee Greenwood's Proud to be an American. It is because of veterans like my dad and the many men and women currently serving in the armed forces that we enjoy the many rights and freedoms we have.

To all the veterans I love, daddy, Grandpa Hedinger, Grandpa Kleeman, Uncle Bud, Uncle Bob, Uncle Mike, cousin Mark and Uncle Jim...and to all the other veterans and those currently serving... thank you, Happy Veterans Day, and God Bless.

I found this video on YouTube. Instead of a video of Proud to be an American, I found another song that also speaks of the freedoms our veterans fight to protect. This is a song my dad enjoys by an artist that he has loved for as long as I can remember...click on the link below to see... This is for you dad...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_tbG5r97Wc

No comments: